49th Annual Charlie Sturgill Memorial Pole Spear Competition
Sunday October 4th, 2015
Location: Monica Hall’s House. (Granddaughter of Charlie Sturgill) 1210 W. Paseo Del Mar., San Pedro, CA 90731
1/2 mile W of Point Fermin Park
Rules: OPEN TO EVERYONE. FREEDIVING / POLE SPEAR ONLY COMPETITION!
• Start Time is Sunrise on Sunday, October 4th, with No Boundaries.
• No Check in Necessary.
• All non-members must turn in entry fee and completed registration form at the weigh in.
• All fish must be in the weigh-in circle at 2:00 p.m. SHARP! No exceptions!
• Divers may use kayaks, paddleboards, boats, or beach dive.
• The meet has a 20 fish limit, no more than 3 fish per species. There is a 12 inch size limit for all fish except
Bass, which will be 14 inches. There is a limit of 1 Sheepshead it must be a min of 18 inches when in season.
• Scoring will be one point per fish and one point per pound.
Cost: $10 entry fee for non members. NO COST FOR FATHOMIERS
Awards: Trophies 1st through 5th place in addition to largest fish award.
This meet is a celebration in honor of the LATE GREAT CHARLIE STURGILL. Divers who gather here will be doing so out of respect for CHARLIE and his family. A BBQ lunch will follow the weigh in process. Please bring a Pot Luck item to share.